The Mighty Creatives mission is to help every child and young person (0 – 25 years) in the East Midlands to develop their creativity to make a positive impact on their lives and the lives of others.
The Mighty Creatives vision is of a world of endless possibilities...
- where children and young people have the power to change the world and share the creative skills to do so.
- where children and young people are inspired and supported to take action on issues that are important to them.
- where adults value the richness of every child and help all children and young people realise their creative potential
- where young people and adults work together to make extraordinary things happen.
We believe living by core values is key to good practice and at the heart of every decision we make. Embedded within each core value is an unyielding commitment to ensuring quality, excellence and impact.
We are passionate
- We care about children and young people and enjoy working with and for them.
- We respect young people's rights and strive to keep them safe from harm.
- We embrace our unique position to deliver beyond expectation.
- We act with integrity. We are supported to take action on issues that are important in our own lives.
We are risk-takers
- We are never afraid to try something new.
- We are inquisitive and investigative in our approach.
- We are adventurous in the way we build new opportunities.
- We push boundaries to get the best results for children, young people and their families.
We are playful
- We take our jobs seriously but not ourselves.
- We are confident, professional, reliable and friendly.
- We create a working environment that is fun, active and rewarding.
- We recognise and celebrate success.
We work well together
- We work to our best ability each and every time.
- We are supportive and respectful of each other.
- We play to our strengths and value diversity.
- We lead with courage and clarity.
- We connect and collaborate well with others.
- We listen, learn and share to help everyone realise their creative potential.
We are bright and fresh
- We are independent.
- We stand out from the crowd.
- Our approach is colourful, positive and distinctive.
- We go beyond the ordinary and together we produce extraordinary results.
We know our stuff
- We are skilled, well-read and informed, able to shape and influence opinion in our fields. We hunt out what works and build evidence to inform our decisions.
- We are active in our professional communities, using networks to share and learn.
- We listen to young people and their families and have a strong understanding of their lives and ambitions.
Each of our employees is provided with training to help them understand the importance of our values as they go about their everyday work.
To work towards our vision and mission, we will ensure that all children and young people in the East Midlands:
- Goal 1: Can develop their creativity from an early age
- Goal 2: Are inspired by the very best cultural resources
- Goal 3: Are empowered to make change happen