Open Call Exhibition Opportunity for Arts Award Conference
Invitation to showcase artwork in our Exhibition at TMC’s regional Arts Award Conference held at The University of Leicester.
This is an opportunity to uncover best practice in arts and cultural education, showcasing the achievements of children and young people throughout the region, and celebrating the diversity of Arts Award in the East Midlands.
The Conference will be in held at Stamford Court in Leicester on Tuesday 13th March 2018, with an audience of 100 Arts Award Advisors and invited guest speakers. A significant part of this event is our exhibition of artwork, created by children and young people throughout the region as part of their Arts Award journey.
We’d like to hear from you if you’d like to showcase any work created by the young people from your school or organisation, including; Visual Arts, 3D Art, Photography, Media/Film/Digital Art, and Literature, or Music/Dance/Drama performances created for any Arts Award Level. We’d love to display log books, portfolios, and digital/on-line portfolios.
Space is limited so there will be a selection process and we’d like to offer a diverse selection of work in the exhibition.
Things for you to know:
• Deadline for application: 5pm Monday 30th October 2017
• We’ll provide laptops/projectors to display digital work.
• We’ll provide a means of displaying the work e.g. boards to hang work from, plinths, tables, chairs.
• We’ll liaise with you to arrange transportation of the artwork as needed, both before and after the event.
• We will be responsible for displaying the work at the event.
• You are welcome to be involved with hanging the showcase if you’d like to. This will take place the day before the event (Monday 12th March).
• We require a short statement about the artwork e.g. AA Level, Unit, Medium, who created it and what they think about it.
• We will let you know the outcome of the selection process by Mon 4 th December 2017.
• Conference Date: Tuesday 13th March 2018. Address: Leicester Conferences, Stamford Court, University of Leicester, Manor Road, Oadby, LE2 2LH
For fuller terms and conditions please read here.
To apply please complete the application form and return to
firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline:
30th October 2017.
Your invitation to the Conference.
Pre-book your tickets! Featuring inspirational industry and education speakers, as well best-practice case-studies drawn from the arts, culture and education sectors. This event has been designed to connect you with examples of quality provision from throughout the region, industry standard practice from emerging new talent, partnership building and networking opportunities, as well as skills development for your own Arts Award delivery. Speakers and facilitators confirmed to date include Wayne Hemingway, Hemingway Design, Dame Alison Peacock, CEO Chartered College of Teaching, Arts Council England, The National Trust, Youth Music, soundLINCS, The Heritage Lottery Fund, Lakeside Arts Centre, Baby People, A Little Learning, Candleby Lane School, Queen Elizabeth High School, St Johns Primary School, and many more. Tickets for this event are being charged at £80, and will go on sale on Wednesday 1st November.
We have a limited number of places available at £40, offering you a 50% discount for booking early. To pre-book your ticket now at this reduced price, please email email@example.com If you have any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0116 2616834
Choose an option below to change the reading options throughout the website.