Timber is an extraordinary, family friendly new festival where music, art, theatre, storytelling, science and play will weave together into an exhilarating weekend in the heart of the National Forest, one of Britain’s boldest environmental projects.
Created by the National Forest Company and Wild Rumpus (award-winning producers of the Just So Festival, renowned as one of the top family festivals in the world), experience the transformative impact of forests with artists, musicians, and scientists. Explore what woodlands can mean to us and how we can re-imagine our relationship with our environment.
• The world premiere of Seek, Find, Speak, the outdoor theatre companion to the enchanting, best-selling book The Lost Words by Robert Macfarlane and Jackie Morris,
• Music around the campfire with award-winning bands and musicians,
• Spectacular light and fire installations,
• The premiere of Luke Jerram’s Museum of the Moon – an incredible seven metre moon sculpture featuring detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface,
• A masked ball, thrilling aerial acrobatics, tree climbing, den building, and many more fun and hands-on activities in the woodland workshops,
• The Bewonderment Machine - a magical cycle-powered ride-on carousel and miniature theatrical flight of the imagination from A Bird In The Hand Theatre, and
• After-dark screenings of top-quality forest themed films including Moonrise Kingdom, Into the Woods, Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Princess Monokoke.
Choose an option below to change the reading options throughout the website.