The deadline has been extended until October for this exciting bursary!
As part of our response to The Cultural Education Challenge, The Mighty Creatives invite you to apply for a bursary of up to £2500 to fund a teacher within your school to act as a ‘Specialist Arts Lead’ across your network. This network can take the form of any group of schools including: Teaching Schools, Multi Academy Trusts, schools grouped together through geographical proximity, or with a specialist focus of provision.
How can the bursary be used?
The bursary is intended to pay for staff cover costs to enable the Specialist Arts Lead to have devoted time to develop arts provision across the network. Previous recipients have used this time in the following ways:
- To explore local arts provision. Devoted time away from the classroom has enabled schools to find out more about arts and cultural opportunities available in their local area, and how they can benefit from them.
- To co-ordinate meetings across the network. By coming together schools have been better able to pool resources including training opportunities, access to visiting artists, sharing expertise, and organising large-scale events such as shared performances or exhibitions.
- To develop partnerships with local HE providers. This has allowed longer-term, mutually beneficial relationships to be established; HE students have been given the opportunity to run arts-related workshops for pupils in local schools, enabling those children to benefit from a wide range of arts experiences.
- To identify additional sources of funding. Arts Leads have used the time to access to TMC’s fundraising workshops, as well as undertake their own research into potential funding opportunities to further develop arts provision in their schools.
Who can apply?
This offer is open to schools in the East Midlands who:
- Can demonstrate an established relationship with a group of other schools (at least 5) who are committed to developing arts activity across their network
- Can commit to at least 5 schools registering with Artsmark and completing their Statement of Commitment by March 2019
- Have submitted their Artsmark Statement of Commitment, or will have submitted this March 2019.To find out more about Artsmark, visit https://www.themightycreatives.com/schools/artsmark
- Have support from their Senior Leadership Team or Governing Bodies for their involvement in this work
The deadline has been extended to 9am Monday 1st October.
Click here for further information and to download the application form,