Creating the Future is an event designed, developed and delivered by The Mighty Creatives Change Makers, a group of young people aged 18 to 25 years old. The event will explore the barriers children and young people are facing in 2019 and question the impact of arts and culture on young peoples’ lives. Join us, and our range of engaging keynote speakers, in exploring the themes of what it’s like for children and young people to live, play, and learn in the UK in 2019.
We will be focusing on:
- how the challenging times of today affects children and young people’s ability to thrive;
- what the role of the arts, creativity, and culture is in improving opportunities and accessibility;
- what this means for the education, arts and culture sectors.
In addition to our own speakers, during the day we will be connecting live to the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden for their conference ‘The Thriving Child’. Livestreaming a carefully selected, unique line up of the Royal Opera House’s speakers, to ensure that you don’t miss brilliant discussions on the exploration of the obstacles to young people thriving in the 21st century, and how creative and cultural learning can support children to flourish.
Who should attend?
- youth workers
- workers in children's services
- anyone else with responsibility for children and young people wanting to make better use of arts and culture